Saturday, August 21, 2010

Freshman Soccer Tryouts! Part 2.

Well back for more I see. Still exhuasted from the earlier tryouts...I had to go back to Oakwood for more testing. The first thing I did was long balls. OKAY. I know what most of you a probably thinking. and all I have to say is, GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!! teehee(: But seriously that's what they're called! You have 5 soccer balls lined up in front of you and then you see how far you can kick it. There are sections lined up so the person recording the length of your kick can see how far it goes on it's first bounce. That test...I got mad at myself for. I could've done sooo much better. But for some reason I'm always worse when I'm trying out.

After that there were more poles lined up. If your read the other post "Freshman Soccer Tryouts! Part 1." Then you know what I am talking about. If you didn't, then you will know shortly. Actually. No. If you didn't read the first one then go read it!!! But there were two poles that made a gate, and three poles lined up infront of you, [See diagram below.] You started with the ball inbetween the two poles, dribbled around the red one, came back, dribbled around one of the outside poles, went up and dribbled around the blue pole, came back, dribbled around one of the outside poles, went up and dribbled around the last purple pole, and then ran your way through the gate. Not as easy as it looks okay! Your timed so you have to make your touches as short as possible. I got 23 seconds.

I know that picture up there ↑↑↑↑↑ looks kinda confusing but it's seriously the best I can do without showing you in person. If you look at the picture WHILE reading the description it makes things a lot easier!

The next test I had to do was a quick one. You were infront of a wall..about 3 yards between you in the wall. You had about a 3 yard width as well. You had to kick the ball at the wall, have it come back, kick it again, have it come back, kick it again, etc. You had to see how many times you could do this within a minute. But you couldnt let the ball go out for the 3 x 3 yard area that you were given. There was also a line that you couldn't pass when kicking the ball. If either of these things happened, then that kick didnt count. I got like 18. Wasn't so great.

The VERY LAST TEST OF THE DAY was juggling the ball. Juggling is my worst enemy. I can't juggle to save my life. You had to start with the ball on the ground, flick it up with your foot, and see how many juggles you could get by just using your feet. yyeaahhh. rriighhtt. I got like 8. haha.

Now. I'm not going to do posts for every day we had tryouts because thats a waste. All we did on Tuesday was 11 v. 11. If you don't play soccer and you don't know what that is..then. well. We were just scrimmaging eachother. 11 players vs. 11 players. We did 11 v. 11 on Wednesday as well. At the end of Wednesday's afternoon session, we were told who was cut and who made the team! Talk about nerve wrecking!! The coach didn't say the names of people who were cut, he just read the list of the names who had made the team. About 12 names had gone by and not one of them were mine. I started thinking 'I guess I just wasn't good enough to make the team.' Then. MY NAME WAS CALLED!!! My name was like the 17th name to be called. I was soooo happy!!! :D :D :D :D :D

On Thursday, we, the Freshman team, got to scrimmage the Sophomores. That was a lot of fun!! There was no afternoon practice on Thursday. On Friday [Yesterday] we had our first team practice at the Highschool! Now, I know that we get uniforms and stuff on Monday, we have practice on Tuesday and Wednesday, our first game on Thursday, another practice on Friday, and a game on Saturday!! I'm so excited!!

Making the team, was the first step of being a higschooler for me(:

No comments:

Post a Comment